In response to market changes there is a growing conversation taking place in the customer success and broader go-to-market community. Should CS own a revenue number? This question is sparking lots of debate and discussion with people strongly in favor and opposed.
However, our view is that this is an unproductive debate. It doesn’t accomplish anything for the end customer so the more productive question to ask is How do you manage post sale revenue?
Regardless of the varying opinions on who should ‘own’ post sale revenue the fact is that some leaders need to take this responsibility on whether they want to or not and whether they have the skill and experience to or not.
In response to market changes and restructuring, post sale revenue responsibilities are getting reallocated. As a result, there are Sales and CS leaders (who are now also revenue leaders in some cases) that are tasked with a role that they aren’t experienced in.
So, are you a Manager of Customer Success, VP of CS or Chief Customer Officer and have never had a revenue target but now you find yourself with one and don’t know where to start?
Are you a VP of Sales or a CRO that has no direct experience in Customer Success but now you find yourself responsible for this department and/or the revenue targets attributed to the customer base?
If you answered yes, then this Q&A session is for you.
We’re hosting a virtual roundtable and live Q&A with members of the CS community to have a discussion on this topic. We’ve invited industry guests to share their POV and have two of our advisors Elizabeth I. and Indu S. to share their thoughts from both a CS and sales perspective.
If you have questions, opinions, or just want to know more about what the CS community has to say on this subject pre-register below. Even if you can’t make the actual event register, we will share the call recording with you afterwards so you don’t miss out!
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Time: 11:00AM EST
- Chad Horenfeldt CS leader at Meta
- Kevin Reinhardt from the Podcast #CSMTalk
- Olivia Knighton Director of Sales at Phrasee
- Should CS own a revenue number?
- If you do find yourself in a position that you’re a CS leader and now own a number but haven’t previously, where do you start? How do you manage revenue?
- If you are a Sales leader and are now responsible for CS but have no previous experience, how do you effectively work with customers to drive revenue.
- Topic discussion: Each participant will share their POV.
- Tactical Advice: After discussing problems, pain points, and knowledge gaps participants will share advice on how to navigate this potential market shift.
- Q&A: At the end we’ll answer audience questions.